Teachers are continuously exploring technology and finding new ways to utilize technology in their class. Smart Boards, United Streaming, Inspiration activities, PowerPoint presentations, and two MakerBot 3D printers are just a few methods used by teachers to create interactive, exciting lessons.
Technology St. Ann offers in all of our classrooms:
- Student and Teacher computers
- Smartboards with Smart Technology
- Document Cameras
- OptionC: a web-based program that allows students and parents to access teacher web pages, homework assignments, behavior, student grades, and report cards.
In addition to classroom exposure, students attend weekly technology classes where they receive direct instruction on keyboarding, PowerPoint, Inspiration, Publisher, Excel, and safe, ethical Internet usage. Students employ these skills in their core classes aiding learning and improving project production.
Preschool – 3rd grade classes share a class set of iPads. This technology is used to enhance the Graded Course of Study Curriculum. 4th-8th grade classes will have a 1:1 Chromebook ratio to utilize for classwork. Students in 6th-8th grade students will utilize their individual Chromebook for homework as well.
State of the Art Computer Lab:
- 25 Student Computers with High Speed Internet Access
- LCD Projectors
- Laser Jet Printers
- Windows 7 and Office 13 (Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Publisher)
- United Streaming (Educational Video)
- Kidspiration and Inspiration (Graphic Organizers)
- A variety new educational software