In response to the growing needs of Catholics in the Lindenwald area of Hamilton, St. Ann Catholic Church was initially established as a Mission in 1908. In 1909, after being established as a Parish, St. Ann extended its service to the Catholic community by opening a school. On September 20, 1909, St. Ann Catholic School opened its doors. The school had five grades, forty-six students, and a staff of two.
When the new combination Church and school building was built in 1911, the Pastor, Father Santen, secured three sisters of St. Francis of Oldenburg to take charge of the school. In 1938, when the new Church was completed, the old combination Church and school became exclusively used for the school. An addition was built onto the school in 1953 which added 5 classrooms. 105 years later, the building is still the home of St. Ann Catholic School!