Teachers are continuously exploring technology and finding new ways to utilize technology in their class. Smart Boards, United Streaming, Inspiration activities, PowerPoint presentations, and two MakerBot 3D printers are just a few methods used by teachers to create interactive, exciting lessons.
Technology St. Ann offers in all of our classrooms:
- Student and Teacher computers
- Smartboards with Smart Technology
- Document Cameras
- OptionC: a web-based program that allows students and parents to access teacher web pages, homework assignments, behavior, student grades, and report cards.
In addition to classroom exposure, students attend weekly technology classes where they receive direct instruction on keyboarding, PowerPoint, Inspiration, Publisher, Excel, and safe, ethical Internet usage. Students employ these skills in their core classes aiding their learning and improving project production.
4th and 5th grade classes share a class set of Chromebooks. The Chromebooks are used to enhance the Graded Course of Study Curriculum.
Middle School Technology
6th-8th grade students all have a 1:1 iPad to use for classwork and homework.
State of the Art Computer Lab:
- 25 Student Computers with High Speed Internet Access
- LCD Projectors
- Laser Jet Printers
- Windows 7 and Office 13 (Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Publisher)
- United Streaming (Educational Video)
- Kidspiration and Inspiration (Graphic Organizers)
- A variety new educational software